Tuesday, February 8, 2011

God's Chair


At the entrance to The Brookwood Community there is a large chair on a small pedestal. It is a visual reminder that God is always with us. In each of the workshops, there is also always one empty chair in a corner, or by a workstation. The citizens know the symbolism, and one pointed it out to me.

As I sat quietly Sunday morning in the living room, reading "Unbinding Your Heart" (a whole church program that we are doing), I closed my eyes and prayed - first thanking God for all the nudges that he has shown me about his presence in my life, then going down my prayer list. When I opened my eyes, and looked over into the kitchen, only illuminated by the morning sunlight casting through the living room I saw God's Chair.

What a blessing.

Pay it Forward,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment