Friday, January 21, 2011

Donald Miner - a success story from MAM and Houston Cycling Centers


We received this great note from Bob King at MAM about one of the bikes that was donated on the 22JAN11 Rummel Creek Elementary PTA ReCycle Day.

Friends,

We delivered a nicely refurbished Trek bicycle today to Mr. Donald Miner, a client of MAM’s Employment Services program. Here is a letter of thanks he sent us, FYI. It tells his story better than we could.

Dear Yolanda and Bob,

This is my letter of appreciation for the bicycle given to me by the Cycle2Success collaboration. Please make sure your partners at both Houston Cycling Centres and Chain Reaction Ministries also know how thankful I am.

I work as a Security Officer for Houston Museum of Natural Science and also for Five Star Event Services. I do not own a car. Numerous times I walk from Houston Museum during early morning hours, from 12 midnight to 6am, when there isn’t bus transportation; and for me, a cab is totally unaffordable. The new bike will help make my transportation issues much simpler, not to mention the good health benefits of some more physical activity.

Thank you also to Spring Valley Cyclery for the additional safety and protection equipment of a helmet and lock.

Best of Blessings,
Donald Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment