Monday, January 18, 2010

God's Grip

John Malget, Associate Minister at Memorial Drive Christian Church always signs his emails, "in God's Grip." I get it now. I have a job that pays the bills and provides for my family – and I am blessed. But in my waking and hours and nighttime solitude, my head is filled with the concerns of others. The homeless families that have made the decision to start their lives over, with absolutely nothing – seeking your help and others.

Now that I started, I don’t know what the end state will be. As long as God keeps speaking (sometime shouting) to me, I keep working. Putting out the call for bikes. Hunting down unwanted ones from the backs of bike shops. And they keep coming. I see the need, and with His grip on my heart, mind, and body, I keep working.

Dear God, please don’t loosen your grip.

Pay it Forward,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment